I love my specialty of obstetrics and gynecology because I enjoy helping women throughout all phases of their life. Teenage issues, pregnancy complications and menopause problems are all challenges I enjoy. Then, working as a team, I can help you with your important health care decisions.
One of my favorite surgical procedures is an endometrial uterine ablation. It is a simple and safe procedure with great results. With an ablation, women avoid major surgery and significantly reduce or eliminate heavy periods.
I still remember the first baby I delivered in medical school. That was a life-altering moment for me (and of course for my patient!). I then knew that obstetrics would be a part of my dream career. I feel such joy when I help women bring new life into this world.
Allowing a woman to freely talk about her thoughts, worries and pain is crucial for an OB/GYN. Being a woman myself, and having experienced many similar situations, gives me the empathy and compassion that makes me a caring physician.
Finding a good balance in life is important for all of us. Being an OB/GYN can be a very demanding career and often our lives are not in balance. Being a part of Women’s Health Specialists has enabled me to not only be an excellent OB/GYN, but also to have a rewarding life as a wife and mother to my daughter and son. On my days off I rejuvenate my body and soul with a mixture of sleep, exercising, reading, traveling and spending quality time with my family. Then I am refreshed and ready for the challenges at work with my patients.
- Minimally invasive surgery
- High risk and general obstetrics
- Adolescent gynecology
- Preconception counseling
- Board Certification: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2001
- Residency: Kaiser Santa Clara, California
- Medical School: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Bachelor of Arts: University of California at Santa Cruz
- Private Practice since 1999
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- California Medical Association
- Alameda-Contra Costa Medical Association
- Assistant Chairperson for OB/GYN Department at Washington Hospital